How To Submit Campuswide Announcements to the Portal (MyCalPoly)
MyCalPoly is an intranet system for Cal Poly students, faculty and staff. The MyCalPoly Campuswide Announcements section is intended to offer brief and timely information about campus policies, academic and financial aid deadlines, academic workshops, and other items of interest to the entire campus community.
Submission Guidelines for the Campuswide Announcements Section:
Announcements submitted will be given preference for posting by the University Communications Office based on the following descending order of importance:
- Messages from departments, divisions or offices critical to the entire campus community (emergency messages, urgent deadlines, etc.)
- Messages applicable to a majority of campus constituencies
- Messages applicable to a majority of a specific campus constituency
ONLY campus groups, entities and campus community members (students, faculty and staff) may submit items to the MyCalPoly Campuswide Announcements section.
NO announcements from off-campus groups or entities will be considered.
Announcements should be submitted to University Communications one week prior to the requested post date at email@example.com. Exceptions to this deadline will be made at the discretion of University Communications.
Departments and organizations wishing to publicize items of interest to an off-campus audience should send information to firstname.lastname@example.org for a possible news release and placement on the Cal Poly News web site and public Events & Entertainment calendar.
Announcement submissions to MyCalPoly should include:
- Suggested headline
- URL link to additional information -- INCLUDE http://
- Announcement text of 50 WORDS MAXIMUM, with information on WHAT, WHY, WHEN (date and time), WHERE (building and room number), WHO is involved or sponsoring, and CONTACT (name, telephone, e-mail) for more information.
- Requested start date
- Requested stop date (announcements may run for five working days maximum)
- University Communications may edit submissions for brevity.